In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Destiny: The Taken King Crucible Weekly Questline Guide
Everything you need to know about the long crucible questline offered by Lord Shaxx in Destiny: The Taken King.
Here’s what Bungie says about the said crucible questline:
Nightfall was built as a ritual experience for groups of 3 players in PVE. In year-1, we didn’t have a good weekly ritual experience for PVP players. Once players have completed the PVP intro. chain on Lord Shaxx, they receive access to the Weekly PVP quests on Lord Shaxx and the PVP Quartermaster. Each week, Lord Shaxx has a bounty called ‘The True Meaning of War.’ Completing this bounty each week – which requires completing the PVP weeklies – grants players Nightfall tier rewards.
Destiny: The Taken King Crucible Weekly Questline
What this basically means is that once you complete the crucible questline, you’ll reach the crucible rank 3, unlock weekly bounties for Lord Shaxx, and complete these bounties to obtain end-tier rewards.
#1 – Crucible Forged
You need to defeat Guardians in a Control match with your team holding at least 2 Control zones – 8 kills.
#2 – Crucible Combat
You need to complete the following things in the game:
- No Guns Barred – Defeat opposing Guardians in the Clash playlist – 12 kills
- Not My Runner – Defeat opposing Guardians while your team has an active Runner in the Rift playlist – 5 kills
- Free For All – Defeat opposing Guardians in the Rumble playlist – 12 kills
- Small-Team Tactics – Defeat opposing Guardians in the Skirmish playlist – 8 kills
- Spelunking with Guns – Capture Relics in the Salvage playlist – secure 3 relics
#3 – Conquer the Day
You need to complete the following daily challenges:
- Participation Point – Complete a match in the Daily Crucible playlist
- Spoils to the Victor – Win a match in the Crucible Daily playlist
- Making a Statement – Win multiple matches in the Crucible Daily playlist – a total of 4 wins
#4 – Factions
This requires you to:
- Meet with Dead Orbit – Visit the representative of Dead Orbit, Arach Jalaal, in the Tower Hangar
- This is Dead Orbit Territory – Win matches in the Control playlist for Dead Orbit – a total of 2 wins
- Dead Orbit Rifter – Win matches in the Rift playlist – a total of 2 wins
- Return to Arach Jalaal – Return to Arach Jalaal in the Tower Hangar
- The Future War Cult – Visit the representative of Future War Cult, Lakshmi-2, in the Tower Hangar
- Clash for the Future – Win matches in the Clash playlist for the Future War Cult – a total of 2 wins
- Future Rumble Cult – Finish as one of the top three competitors in the Rumble playlist – a total of 2 top 3 placements
- Return to Lakshmi-2 – Return to Lakshmi-2 in the Tower Hangar
- Meet with New Monarchy – Visit the representative of New Monarchy, Executor Hideo, at Tower North
- New Monarchy Skimisher – Win matches in the Skirmish playlist for New Monarchy – a total of 2 wins
- New Monarchy Relic Seeker – Win matches in the Salvage playlist for New Monarchy – a total of 2 wins
- Return to Executor Hideo – Return to Executor Hideo in Tower North
#5 – Trials Practice
You simply need to win a total of 5 matches in Elimination playlist.
#6 – Break the Ceiling from Arcite 99-40
You need to win at least 5 crucible matches with a score of at least 1,200.
#7 – Weapon Master from Banshee-44
Here is what you need to do in order to complete it:
- More Bullets – Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Auto Rifle kills – a total of 3 wins
- Burst of Bullets – Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Pulse Rifle kills – a total of 3 wins
- Nimble Bullets – Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Scout Rifle kills – a total of 3 wins
- Point and Shoot – Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Hand Cannon kills – a total of 3 wins
#8 – The Mountaintop
You need to earn a total of 9 points; starting a new match nets you 1 point and winning a crucible match nets you 3 points.
After you’ve successfully completed all the aforementioned challenges, you’ll be able to complete the following bounties:
- Individual Achievement – Win 2 Crucible matches with an individual score of at least 1500 points
- Making an Impact – Win 7 matches
- Crucible Combat – Win one game in three different Crucible game modes – Clash, Skirmish and Elimination
- Featured matches – Earn points in any featured playlist. Crucible wins are worth 3 points
- Returning Victor – Complete the Crucible Daily on 3 different days
- The True Meaning of War – Complete all 5 of Shaxx’s weekly bounties in one week
Found anything missing or confusing? Let us know in the comments section below!