In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
PlayStation 4, Madden 16 Reign Over Markets: August NPD Statistics
August NPD statistics are out and providing interesting insights into the trends of the market. It appears that PlayStation 4 and Madden 16 have stolen the show from the likes of Xbox One and Minecraft.
In terms of consoles, PlayStation 4 has done it again and outsold Nintendo Wii U as well as Xbox One making it the fourth month in a row that Sony has topped the market. In fact, apart from April, PS4 has never come at a rank below one.
All this was despite the comparative scarcity of exclusives and the fact that Xbox One had managed to increase their sales by 26 percent over the corresponding period last year.
Talking of the most popular video games for the month, none of the titles (including GOW Ultimate Edition and Until Dawn) were of any match to Madden 16. Here are the top 10 best sellers:
- Madden 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
- Rare Replay (Xbox One)
- Until Dawn (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Combo Pack (360, PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
On the other hand, Nintendo Amiibo figures are continuing to be a rarity with 7 million of them being sold already since November.
Were you surprised by any of these figures? I am sure PlayStation 4 being on top was unsurprising.