The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Madden NFL 16 Fantasy Football Guide – NFL.com Fantasy, League Settings, Draft Types
A beginner’s guide in understanding Fantasy Football in Madden NFL 16, draft types, league scoring settings and other options.
Madden NFL 16 Fantasy Football
Fantasy Football in Madden NFL 16 lets you manage the front office as a general manager and coach of your team. You choose from a pool of best NFL players who compete on weekly tournaments.
Fantasy Football begins with you choosing your desired league, acquire players, decide your line-up, and accumulate fantasy points. You can choose from NFL-Managed leagues or fully customizable leagues.
Some of the salient features of Fantasy Football includes live scoring with video highlights, league power rankings, mobile apps, better research section, and so much more.
Understanding NFL.com Fantasy
The new NFL.com Fantasy Football experience is directed at all type of fantasy players whether they are newbies or NFL veterans.
NFL.com Fantasy Football is free-to-play and offers user-friendly UI, not to mention experiencing the fantasy football through video highlights, player comparison tool, and so much more.
NFL-Managed Leagues Scoring Settings
These leagues are set to NFL.com default scoring and other settings such as starting positions, head-to-head scoring, standard roster sizes, and other options.
Moreover, these leagues are completely free to join and lets players win exclusive prizes based on season performance. In addition to this, NFL.com acts as a manager for all NFL-Managed Leagues.
Players are free to join Live Draft NFL-Managed Leagues from the League Directory or an Autopick Team.
Here are the default scoring settings for the NFL-Managed Leagues:
- Passing Yards: 1 point per 25 yards passing
- Passing Touchdowns: 4 points
- Interceptions: -2 points
- Rushing Yards: 1 point per 10 yards
- Rushing Touchdowns: 6 points
- Receiving Yards: 1 point per 10 yards
- Receiving Touchdowns: 6 points
- Fumble Recovered for a Touchdown: 6 points
- 2-Point Conversions: 2 points
- Fumbles Lost: -2 points
- PAT Made: 1 point
- FG Made (0-49 yards): 3 points
- FG Made (50+ yards): 5 points
- Sacks: 1 point
- Interceptions: 2 points
- Fumbles Recovered: 2 points
- Safeties: 2 points
- Defensive Touchdowns: 6 points
- Kick and Punt Return Touchdowns: 6 points
- Points Allowed (0): 10 points
- Points Allowed (1–6): 7 points
- Points Allowed (7–13): 4 points
- Points Allowed (14–20): 1 points
- Points Allowed (21–27): 0 points
- Points Allowed (28–34): -1 points
- Points Allowed (35+): -4 points
Default League Settings in NFL-Managed Leagues
- Teams: 10
- Divisions: None
- League Viewable by Public: No
- Undroppable List: NFL.com Fantasy Default List
- Maximum Acquisitions per Season: N/A
- Maximum Acquisitions per Week: N/A
- Trade Limit per Season: N/A
- Trade Review Type: League Votes
- Waiver Period: 24 Hours
- Waiver Type: Weekly Reset; Inverse Order of Standings
- Post-Draft Players: Waiver Rules
- Roster Lock Type: Players Lock at Individual Game Time
- 2015 Keeper Settings: None
- Starting Positions and Roster Size: Nine Starters (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R Flex, TE, K, DEF) and Six Bench Players
Head-to-head scoring is featured in all NFL.com Fantasy Football leagues. Your team is placed against another team within your league.
Depending upon your NFL-Managed League scoring settings, your team earns points based on the real statistics and results played in the NFL for a particular week.
Moreover, your fantasy matches behave identical to an NFL game being played with the team earning most points ending up winning.
Draft-Types in NFL-Managed Leagues
There are only two types of drafts in NFL-Managed Leagues; Live Online Draft and Autopick Draft – both are discussed below:
What Is Live Online Draft
In this draft type, you get to choose the entire fantasy team, in an interactive manner; round-by-round. In this draft client, you will be able to see in-depth analysis, stats, and chat functionality in an easy-to-understand UI.
The client also has search and filter functionalities which allows players to see available players and positions; not to mention the ability to rank players in real time.
Once you have done everything, simply click ‘Draft Now’ and selected players will automatically be assigned to your team.
Autopick Draft System
As the name suggests, in this type of draft, players are automatically assigned to your team and is recommended for beginners.
In this draft type, NFL.com assist players in filling their roster either by using Pre-Rank Draft and Excluded Players list or by choosing the best available players for a particular position.
This is pretty much all we have on Madden NFL 16 Fantasy Football. Found anything missing or confusing? Let us know in the comments section below!