In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Black Ops 3 Beta Files Reveal Zombies Info, Story, Progression and More
Now that Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 beta is available on the PC this gives the chance for gamers to have a sneaky look at the files. It appears that there is a lot hidden away in the installation.
Thanks to Mage3873, we have the following information about the Black Ops 3 zombies mode based on the code in files:
- References to Theater Mode, which will be available in Zombies mode.
- Campaign and Story mode references are listed in the files (for Zombies)
- Character customisations
- For some reason the game checks progress that has been made in Easter Eggs that were found in Black Ops 2 Zombies, are the two connected in some way?
- Ranks and prestige modes may be available in Zombies. Activision have already confirmed that there will be an XP progression system for the Zombies mode.
- Zombies Menu and Shadows of Evil theme music has been leaked. The link to listen to this is here, though it may be taken down soon.
- Code exists that allows players to be zombies (this may be left over code from Black Ops 2.)
It is important to note that these features have not been confirmed by Activision or Treyarch and could be code that will remain unused. With it being left in there though, it is questionable why it would exist if it isn’t of use. Unless the decision to leave it there was to allow for use in the future.
Whatever the case, it is still interesting to look behind the scenes of the game and to see what could potentially be coming.
Do you hope some of these features appear in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies? Let us know your thoughts below.