In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Project Cars Patch 3.0 Released to PC and Playstation 4, Xbox One Coming Soon
A new patch for Project Cars has been released for PC and Playstation 4 with a huge list of impressive updates. Patch 3.0 includes new features and enhancements as well as balancing and performance tuning.
One drawback of the update is that leaderboards will soon be reset. This is because of the enhanced cut-track detection system that comes in the update.
On the changes to the cut-track detection and reset of the leaderboards, the Release notes has this to say:
“This is to clear out leaderboard times that were set under the old cut-track detection system where players could get away with driving off-track and gain time by doing so. The new system is far fairer and much more accurate. By resetting the leaderboards we remove all these ‘contaminated’ records and ensure that everyone has a fair shot at setting true and accurate Time Trial leaderboard entries.”
Hopefully this won’t have any detrimental effect on the gamers enjoyment of the game. Obviously this is to fix an exploit that people were using, but this may have been part of the fun, to know just how much your car can leave the track before being detected.
Other notable updates include:
- New Friend Leaderboard – Players can now toggle boards to be “ALL” or “Friends Only”
- Multiplayer Spectate Mode – Players can now retire to the pit box, and then spectate the ongoing race.
- Enhanced MP vehicular grouping – Online races now use real-world vehicle classes.
- Enhances Setup and Pit Strategy system – Players now get information on upcoming weather conditions and track temperature.
- Enhanced Weather system – All vehicles have updated window rain effects for added realism.
- Improved AI rain speed realism when using treaded tyres in the wet
For the complete list of updates be sure to view the whole list of changes on the Project Cars forum.
The Xbox One update is still waiting approval from Microsoft, but will be available soon.
Have you updated your Project Cars? Let us know your thoughts.