The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Splatoon Update 2.0.0 Patch Notes; Tag, Private Match Included
Nintendo has provided the full patch notes for Splatoon update 2.0.0 on their official website but sadly they are in Japanese. So we thought why not fill you in on some of the details you shouldn’t miss out on.
First off, the two new types of game modes i.e. Tag Match and Private Match have been added to the game. The first one lets you and your friends (up to four) group up and join and play ranked matches with other groups.
You have to be level 10 and you can link up with your friends and thereon with their friends. Tag Match mode even gives you the option to keep things in a closed circle by putting a password on your group.
As a special condition, there is an option for two groups of two players to go up against another two groups of two players while a three player team, when fighting against a four player team will get the advantage of faster respawns.
As of the Private Match mode that Splatoon update 2.0.0 has brought, this is a place for you and your friends to play whatever way you like i.e. your choice of rules, stages, and team divisions.
This one also comes with the password feature.
As far as the rest of the patch notes are concerned, we have found a roundup thanks to Reddit translators:
- You may now level up to level 50
- You are now able to rank up to the S and S+ ranks in Ranked Match
- The method for calculating rank points (+/- 10, 8, 12, etc.) has been modified
- If your rank changes while in the middle of playing ranked battles, you will be sent back to the lobby
- New gear will be added, which can be bought from the shops at random
- New BGM (background music) will be added, which can be heard at random while in battle
- In calculating the final results, the winning percentage points (weight) has been changed from 2x to 4x
- Urchin Underpass: All modes (i.e. Turf War, Splat Zones, Tower Control), large-scale terrain changes
- Saltspray Rig: Tower Control mode, adjusting certain stage elements
- Arowana Mall: Splat Zones mode, adjusting certain stage elements
- Kelp Dome: Splat Zones and Tower Control modes, adjusting certain stage elements
- Moray Towers: Splat Zones and Tower Control modes, adjusting certain stage elements
- Inkzooka: Increased the points of turf inked needed to fill the special gauge from 180p to 220p
- Echolocator: Increased the points of turf inked needed to fill the special gauge from 180p to 200p
- Killer Wail (the Japanese name for this one is megaphone laser. oh my god.) : Decreased the points of turf inked needed to fill the special gauge from 180p to 160p
- Splash Wall: The problem of a bomb directly hitting Splash Wall and the damage range not being calculated correctly in rare cases has been fixed
- Tenacity: Special Gauge will now start filling at the start of a match (rather than before the match begun) if there is a disparity between the number of players on teams
- Special Charge Up: When wearing a lot of Special Charge Up gear, there is a more consistent increase when inking ground
- The Inkstrike can now be better heard from the left, right, and behind
- Some of the long-ranged weapons’ hit sounds will now be easier to hear from farther away
- Other adjustments to the game have been made so players may have a more pleasant experience
What do you make of the issues addressed in Splatoon update 2.0.0?