The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Magic Duels Now Available on PC with Xbox One Coming July 31
Magic Duels has been released today, and while there does seem to be a few server issues right now it looks like fans are happy with what they have been provided with. In a new free-to-play form it promises gamers a new Magic: The Gathering experience.
The game was realesed today on PC via Steam, with the Xbox One release coming July 31. Wizards of the Coast will also release the game on Playstation 4 later in the year.
Magic Duels: Origins comes with new features, which include:
- Virtually endless solo gameplay against thousands of AI opponent decks
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system that teaches gameplay quickly and easily-just like learning from a friend
- Expanded multiplayer options including Two-Headed Giant Mode
- Deck Wizard offering step-by-step deck construction guidance for new players, and an advanced Deck Builder allowing experienced players to build from scratch
- Regular updates from corresponding Magic set releases
- Hundreds of new cards from the upcoming Origins set, including powerful Planeswalkers
- 100% earnable content means players can play free.
The last point is interesting as it states the content is “100% earnable” meaning that players can play free. Will this mean that a lot of grinding has to take place until you have enough in game currency to be able to purchase the content?
Moving to a free-to-play model may open the game to more players, but if the focus is on pushing for in-game purchases this can hinder enjoyment of the game.
It will be interesting to see how fans accept the new game, and if it will be popular with the online Magic the Gathering community.
Are you looking forward to trying Magic Duels? Let us know your thoughts below.