In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Witcher 3 New Game Plus Mode Outlined by CD Projekt Red
Following yesterday’s confirmation that the sixteenth and final free DLC of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is going to be a New Game Plus mode, CD Projekt Red has shared some new details on what to expect from the mode.
Responding to fans’ questions on the game’s official forums; Community Manager, Marchin Momot, confirmed that character experience and certain items (with the exception of quest items, books and letters, Gwent cards, usable items, and trophies) will carry to the next playthrough in which players will encounter stronger enemies.
Momot also confirmed that at the start of New Game Plus mode, all players below Level 30 will be bumped to Level 30 and will also receive a Clearing Potion which they will be able to use to create a different character build. Here is an overview of what you can expect from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt New Game Plus mode:
- Enemies will be stronger obviously.
- What carries over? Player experience (if you’re below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies) and alchemy recipes.
- When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.
- You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.
- What’s the starting level of the character when beginning NG+? The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt New Game Plus mode is currently in the works, but you will not see it this week.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now available on PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One. Make sure to check out our The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Guides Archive for in-depth strategies, boss battles, and so much more.