The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Fallout 4 Quakecon Demo Provides New Details about the Game
With Quakecon taking place at the moment, it is expected we’ll be provided with plenty of details about upcoming Bethesda games. A new demo of Fallout 4 has been presented and we now know some new details about the game.
- Mr Handy’s internals have been modelled, up to the point that if he’s destroyed you’ll see them in detail.
- Over 1,000 character names have been recorded, which include some swear words.
- Dogmeat (the dog) is modelled on the lead Level Designers dog.
- One environment in the game is Diamond City which is built upon Fenway Park.
- Lexington and the Corvega Power Plant will also be environments in the game.
- Preston Garvey the Commonwealth Minute Men leader can be a companion, as can Dogmeat, Piper (a female character) and Mr. Handy. There will be twelve different companions available.
- There can be romances with the companions (probably just human,) this will not be gender specific.
- Hacking and the lockpick system will be like in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
- Strength is an attribute that will decide how much a character can hold.
- Looting now has a smaller menu system that can be scrolled through to make it easier.
- As with Fallout 3, if you look at the Pip-boy during combat this will pause the game.
With plenty of new details released, it does feel like this is a general upgrade to the gameplay of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, which is a good thing. Part of the enjoyment of those previous games was that their user interfaces worked well, or for the most part at least.
Do these new details make you more excited for Fallout 4? Let us know your thoughts below.