Destiny: The Taken King Content Detailed, Contains New Raid, Narrative, and More
As a part of Bungie Weekly Update, the developer outlined the content fans can expect from the forthcoming Destiny: The Taken King.
The developer has already stated that it will kick off Destiny’s second year with a major expansion, but now Bungie is dubbing The Taken King as something more than DLC – the developer is referring to it as ‘a game’.
In case you are wondering whether the upcoming expansion or should I call it ‘game’ justifies the $39.99 pricepoint, here is what lies inside the box:
- New story missions and an array of sidequests that conspire to tell the story of our battle to defend our Solar System against Oryx and his Taken army
- New narrative driven by cinematic cutscenes starring an engaging cast of characters
- New Exotic Weapons, Exotic Armor, and Exotic Questlines
- The Dreadnaught, a full new destination, with unique secrets, rituals, and treasures to uncover
- A new breed of enemy combatants, The Taken, armed with new abilities and weapons
- An increased Level Cap, and new ways for your Guardian to grow more powerful
- The most substantial injection of new, unique, and redesigned weapons, armor, and talents to date
- New subclasses with all new Supers and abilities
- New cooperative Strikes with unique and dynamic new Boss battles
- Redesigned and reimagined Strikes – Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae III – are now overrun by the Taken
- New Crucible multiplayer maps with new Crucible modes, including the previously revealed Rift and Mayhem
- And, of course, last but not least, our biggest six-player Raid yet
The developer has also asked fans to stay tuned to Bungie Weekly Updates for more information on Destiny: The Taken King.
Destiny: The Taken King is scheduled to arrive on Sept. 15, 2015 across PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS3.
Which of the items are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the Comments Section below.