Latest Windows 10 Update Adds Game Hubs, Avatars, and More to Xbox App
Microsoft’s Windows 10 is scheduled to release at the end of the month, and will be free to Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users. On the lead up to this date there are still updates going on for the Windows Insiders, to get it ready for final release.
One of the most exciting additions to the OS has to be the inclusion of Xbox App for Windows 10, which brings the Xbox One and PC closer together through shared functionality. It looks like the latest build that has been released today has a few new additions to the app.
Included in the build are updates to:
- My Games – Games that are installed through the Microsoft Store will be shown here. Like Steam, games that are on the computer but not purchased through the store can be added to the list.
- Game Hubs – Each game in My Games now have a “Hub” where all information about the game is available. This will include information from the Windows Store. As games held on your Xbox One are listed here, you can also chose the option to “play from console” which is functionality Microsoft have teased in past Windows 10 presentations.
- Share with Friends – Achievements can be shared with friends through the activity feed. This is similar to the Xbox One functionality, including the ability to use the Game DVR feature.
- Xbox Avatars – this is updated to give the ability to take a photo of the gamer to be used as their avatar.
- Xbox Account – Users can now login to other accounts, and create new accounts to use through the app.
People who are part of the Windows Insider program will have the update available. The new version is build 10159.
Are you looking forward to using the Xbox functionality in Windows 10? Let us know your thoughts below.