In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
What Exactly Did Batman Arkham Knight PC Patch Change For You?
Being a Batman Arkham Knight fan and a PC user these days is nothing less than a punishment for many. However, Rocksteady has released the first patch that fixes up a few of the issues in the game.
The official Steam page of the game got an update from the developers recently where they have listed the things addressed to in the first patch.
So how much does it improve the game? We have two comparison videos that will show you the before and after performance of Batman Arkham Knight.
You can check out the footage from after the release of the patch above and compare it with the video below that shows how the game performed prior to the patch.
That being said, it would be just to mention the changelog for the patch provided by the developers, so here is what has been fixed:
- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
- Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu
Alongside this, Rocksteady Studios also listed the areas that they are currently focusing their energies on, here they are:
- Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
- Fix for low resolution texture bug
- Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
- Enabling AMD Crossfire
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
So what do you make of these changes that have been made to Batman Arkham Knight?