How to Get Access to Gears of War Ultimate Edition Beta
Among the tons of things at E3 2015 that drove the crowds crazy was the announcement of Gears of War Ultimate Edition Beta. Wondering how you can get access to it? Fret not, we have got you covered and after you are through with this article you will know all that you need to.
First off, you cannot get your hands on it if you don’t have an Xbox One, an Xbox Live Gold membership, a high speed internet connection and around 7GB of free disk space.
After you are sure you have everything on that checklist, follow these simple steps to get your hands on the Gears of War Ultimate Edition Beta:
- Login to www.GearsofWar.com with the Gamertag (Microsoft Account) you wish to register for the Beta with. The Beta requires an Xbox Live Gold account.
- Register for the Beta by clicking on the “Register for the Beta” link on www.GearsofWar.com. You will receive a notification on the website confirming your registration. (No e-mail confirmation will be sent.)
- Check your Xbox Messages for your DOWNLOAD code. It may take up to 24 hours to receive your code. Make sure you are checking the messages for the same Gamertag that you registered with.
- Once your download code arrives, redeem the code to download the “Gears of War: Ultimate Edition” Beta build.
- Check your Xbox Messages again for your ACTIVATION code. It may take up to 24 hours from when you download the game to receive the second message with your activation code.
- Redeem your activation code to unlock the Beta and begin playing!
See, it is pretty simple.
However, there are a few extra details that you should keep in your mind. For instance, you should download the code within 24 hours of registering for it on the website (check Xbox Messages regularly!). Same is the case with redeeming the code, you must do so within 24 hours of receiving it.
For both downloading and redeeming of the code you can either use your console or the official Xbox website.
Did we miss out on something? Tell us in the comments below!