The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Debuts No. 1 in Japan
The latest figures released by Media Create reveal that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is dominating sales charts in Japan.
Published in the region by Spike Chunsoft, Geralt’s latest adventure debuted at No. 1 in Japan after moving over 67,000 copies on the PlayStation 4. In the process, it pushed aside Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition to second place, by 55,000.
Media Create Sales Figures (May 18 – May 24)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4) – 67,385
- Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (PS Vita) – 11,898 (167,176)
- Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (3DS) – 10,876 (243,559)
- Lovely x Cation 1&2 (PS Vita) – 6,835
- Girls Mode 3: Kirakira Code (3DS) – 6,313 (134,526)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – 5,758 (995,065)
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4) – 5,591 (21,504)
- Abunai Koi no Sousashitsu: Eternal Happiness (PS Vita) – 4,266
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (3DS) – 4,081 (2,626,570)
- Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS) – 3,393 (138,298)
Japan has always been known for its love for good role-playing games. It’s only natural for them to accept CD Projekt RED’s epic release. However, even with the excitement surround The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game was unable to have a great impact on hardware sales.
PlayStation 4 units were up marginally from 11,489 to 12,096 week-on-week. Whereas Xbox One sales were up by over 100 percent from 148 units to 308 units in Japan.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was also the largest selling title in the United Kingdom in its launch week.