The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Minecraft Receives Security Patch 1.8.5
Minecraft has received another security patch which brings the game up to version 1.8.5.
The new update, which is now available for download, patches up a few security issues that were previously reported by players, including an exploit with signs and command blocks.
Additionally, the patch also squashes some bugs to enhance the game’s overall stability and performance, works for better server validation for movement of packets and more.
According to Mojang, the new patch is fully compatible with all previous versions of 1.8, but it is highly recommended to update your game to 1.8.5 as soon as possible.
A list of notable fixes are posted below with more information available through the developer blog.
- [Bug MC-79632] – Phantom Custom Player in Scoreboard / UUIDs of non-player entities on scoreboards truncated after relog
- [Bug MC-75630] – Exploit with signs and command blocks
- [Bug MC-80478] – Better server validation for movement packets
- [Bug MC-80479] – Invalid beacon effects are not validated
- [Bug MC-80480] – Certain attribute values are not bound