The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Advanced Warfare Purchasable Supply Drops are Now Available on Xbox 360
Earlier this month, Activision announced the arrival of purchasable supply drops for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. At the time, Xbox 360 missed out but the feature is now live for the console. These who don’t know, the following items will be in the drops:
- Three items.
- At least one weapon variant.
- At least one Professional rarity item or better.
- All items come with their own Armory slot; all items can be redeemed for XP.
You won’t know what specific items you are getting but still, it looks like a pay-to-win type of a deal to me. As for the prices, here’s how they work.
- Three Advanced Supply Drops for $5.99 USD (nine total items).
- Five Advanced Supply Drops plus one bonus Advanced Supply Drop for $9.99 USD (18 total items).
- 10 Advanced Supply Drops plus three bonus Advanced Supply Drops for $19.99 USD (39 total items).
You can purchase maximum of 10 bundles of each type and if you don’t have an extra armoury slot for a supply drop, it will create one for itself. Moreover, this can be used as a way to level-up as you can trade-in these drops for XP.
For now, this feature is available on Xbox One and Xbox 360 but will later make it to other platforms. Honestly, I don’t want it to spread to other platforms, it gives an unfair advantage to those willing to pay for supplies rather than earning it through winning.
Do you think purchasable supply drops is a good idea for Advanced Warfare? Is Activision gunning for a Pay-To-Win model in future games? Share your views in the comments.