Project CARS Has Been Delayed Once Again

By   /   Mar 11, 2015

Project CARS has been delayed once more and will now release in May, Slightly Mad Studios has announced.

The upcoming racing simulation was originally pegged for release in November last year, but was then pushed to March in order to give the team more time to polish off content. Studio boss Ian Bell has stated that the game is “99.9%” complete. However, small issues and bugs came up that prevents the game to meet its May deadline.

“Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all,” he said in a press release.

“Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive.”

At the end of his statement, Bell apologized fans for the continuous delays and thanked them for their support and patience on the matter. He mentioned that there are high expectations from Project CARS and his team is doing everything to make sure they doing disappoint fans.

“Project CARS is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one.”

As a token of apology, there will be “some free content” made available for all players from day one. At the moment the content has not been revealed but the developer has promised to unveil it soon.

Project CARS is in development for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Featured Videos

Hot Right Now

Skylake-X CPU

Intel Bringing Mainstream 12 Core/ 24 Thread Skylake-X CPU To Compete With Ryzen?

The AMD Ryzen launch is only days away and I know you are as excited about the launch as I am....

by   /   Feb 27, 2017
Next Batman Arkham

Next Batman Arkham Could be Batman Arkham Insurgency, Announcement in March?

Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...

by   /   Feb 25, 2017

The AMD Ryzen CPU Hits The Right Marks, Just Needs Right Price

The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...

by   /   Dec 15, 2016
Death Stranding leak

New Death Stranding Leak Revealed The Name Of Norman Reedus’ Character

Hideo Kojima rocked the internet with the reveal of Death Stranding trailer at The Game Awards...

by   /   Dec 15, 2016
Video Game Remasters

Untold Stories of Video Game Remasters – the Good, Bad, and Ugly

In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...

by   /   Sep 9, 2016
Load More