In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
PS4 Update 2.50 to Bring 60Fps to Share Play, Rest Mode Changes
PS4 Update 2.50 (firmware) will soon be beta tested by select PlayStation MVPs. According to some newly leaked emails sent to beta testers, the update will add 60FPS support to Share Play.
The host will have the option of changing settings and adjust video quality. Not only that, but PlayStation 4 can now go into rest mode without closing apps and games.
The email also revealed that testers will be sent a message if they opt-in. Afterwards, the beta version of 2.50 can be downloaded by March 9th.
Leaked patch notes also suggest the ability to remove trophies that are 0% complete. Sony’s MPVs program is similar to Microsoft’s Preview, which allows select user to test updates before they roll-out and give their feedback.
The complete changelog for PlayStation 4 update 2.50 is posted below. Keep in mind that Sony is yet to confirm the changes. We can expect Sony to share more in the coming weeks.
- The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
- [Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.
- You an now delete trophies with 0% achievement progress.
- [Earned Date], [Not Earned], and [Grade] have been added as sorting options for trophies. You can also sort by [Earned Date] and [Not Earned] options when comparing trophies with other players.
- You can now search the Internet for details about trophies from the options menu in [Trophies].
- Screenshots of scenes when you earn trophies are now saved automatically. You can view saved screenshots in [Capture Gallery].
- You can now share trophy details and screenshots. Select the trophy you want to share details about in [Trophy], and then press the Share button.
- You can now test the host’s connection speed when starting Share Play.
- You can now enjoy Share Play at 60 fps. A host in a party can adjust the setting in [Party Settings] > [Video Quality for Share Play] > [Frame Rate].
- A user who is running version 2.50 or earlier on their system cannot use Share Play with someone who is running version 2.50 beta on their system. Users who are both running system software version 2.50 beta can enjoy Share Play.
- Users who are your Facebook friends can now be displayed in [Players You May Know].
- You can now send real name requests in addition to Friend requests to users who are currently not on your Friends list.
- You can now apply a shadow style for text in [Themes].
- You can now enter up to 140 characters for your self-introduction.
- If you enter 22 characters or more for your self-introduction, only 21 characters will be displayed on a PS4 system running system software version earlier than 2.50.
- You can now use the touch pad to operate playback of videos on discs.
- [Discover] has been added to introduce users to PS4 system features. You can view information about features in [Notifications] > [Discover].
- Remote Play cannot be used with a PS Vita system running version 3.35. A system software update for the PS Vita (to be released later) is required.