The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Battlefield 4 Winter Patch Rolls Out for PC and Xbox One, Adds New Game Mode
EA has rolled out Battlefield 4 winter patch and according to reports, Winter patch is 400MB in size for PC, while 1.34Gb on Xbox One. On the other hand, we expect the same size for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The long awaited patch will improve netcode along with soldier collision. Some UI customization options are also added, along with a new Squad Obliteration game mode. On top of that, three new playlists have been introduced – The Battlefield, Large Scale Battles, Close Quarter.
DICE has announced that it will keep supporting Battlefield 4, even after the release of Battlefield Hardline. Here is a list of some notable changes from the Winter patch:
- Added Squad Obliteration game mode
- Added support for New player servers (rank 10 and down)
- Added support for matchmaking into ranked servers (in addition to standard official)
- Various anti-cheat improvements implemented
- In combat system now temporarily disables squad spawning when squad mate is in combat
- In combat system now temporarily disables Medic Bag healing based on damage taken and incoming suppression increase
- In combat system now temporarily disables First Aid Kit healing based on damage taken
- Decouple vehicle aiming from turning option added
- Added Mastery Dog tags for several weapons that were previously missing
- Added 3 new Premium playlists: ‘Large Scale Battles’, ‘The Battlefield’, and ‘Close Quarters’.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause an error about stats not fetching, if connecting to a session after immediately being disconnected
- Fixed an exploit related to CTF/Obliteration exploit using M224 Mortar/MAV/EOD Bot
- PC – Several AMD Mantle optimizations
- PC – Various graphical performance improvements
- PS4/XBOX ONE – Fixed a case where the Battledash would not show after signing out of a profile while in the rent-a-server section
For full patch notes, visit Battlelog.