Europa Universalis IV El Dorado Expansion is Coming on February 26
Paradox Interactive has unveiled the release date of the fifth expansion for Europa Universalis IV called the El Dorado.
Scheduled to be available next week on Feb. 26, 2015; El Dorado bestows Incans, Aztecs, and Mesoamericans a host of new mechanics and religions.
Like the name of the fabled city suggests, El Dorado is expected to boast an automated exploration of both sea and land.
Players can leave their explorers to salvage for the endless wealth and gold in the legendary city and spend their time elsewhere. Additionally, a treasure fleet mechanic may also see its way to the game.
Last but not least, the game is also going to receive a new feature called National Designer – as we reported last month.
According to Paradox Interactive, National Designer is a tool which allows players to “customize your starting nation in a campaign.” Furthermore, some more features of the expansion include:
- Experience the new Nahuatl, Inti and Mayan religions with blood sacrifices or Sun Worship
- Send your conquistadors to hunt for the Seven Cities of Gold, or your explorer on exploration missions around the world
- Gold Fleets can traffic New World wealth back to Europe, and be targeted by your privateer fleets
- Use your trade fleets to hunt dangerous pirates
- Maintain good relations with the Pope so you can get a corner of the world to call your own in the Treaty of Tordesillas
You can check out this video for a quick overview of the upcoming expansion:
Europa Universalis IV El Dorado expansion is scheduled to launch for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX. There are no details regarding its pricing.