The AMD Ryzen launch is only days away and I know you are as excited about the launch as I am....
Wasteland 2 Patch 6 Brings Quest Fixes, Steam Achievements for Mac OS X, Linux
Wasteland 2 patch 6 is now available to download, and brings a requested feature for Mac OS X and Linux users. According to the patch notes, developers have added Steam achievements for Mac OS X and Linux players of Wasteland 2.
Not only that, developers have fixed a number of major quest bugs in the game; in addition to a plethora “of smaller issues with in-game object details,” behaviour and in-game text has been updated to English and other languages.
inXile entertainment stated that this patch “is in the running for being our biggest Wasteland 2 patch so far – and certainly of the new year.”
After the patch is installed, players will no longer be able to drop a quest item on top of another, in order to duplicate it. Furthermore, if you like to kill innocents, then rest assured CNPCs no longer protest “if they are unconscious or dead.”
The following are the highlights from patch 6 with most notable changes and additions:
- Added Steam Achievements for Mac OS X and Linux! Now, your friends, family, and vague acquaintances can all enjoy unlocking Achievements regardless of their choice in computer operating system.
- Fixed a bug in identifying the Broken Man during the Hollywood/Griffith questline that could in some cases render the peace outcome unattainable.
- Updated Prison HQ. A large rolling gate now blocks the Prison HQ to prevent quest sequence breaks. The gate is opened by Danforth at the appropriate time during the story, or when the player fixes the broken robot to destroy the turrets and gate.
- Huge bug fix pass – nearly our biggest patch ever!?
- Large English text updates.
- Localization fixes and updates across all languages.
As I said, there is a plethora of minor fixes and changes. You can go into detail of it, by visiting the official website.