In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Far Cry 4 Patch 1.8.0 is Now Live; Custom Maps Get Co-Op
Ubisoft has released a new patch 1.8.0 for PC that will add co-op support to Custom Maps. The feature is available on all maps and in addition, map creators can now add two respawn points to their maps.
However, if you choose to add only one respawn point, both players will respawn at the same place. That will certainly help-out campers and I guess It’s not good for the overall balance of things.
Apart from this, the new patch fixes a number of issues with the game. On PC, Ubisoft fixed “Copy to Clipboard” functionality. Meaning users can now copy/paste items from one map to the other.
Map search will now start as soon as you enter a letter, rather than pressing the Enter button. Moreover, Ubisoft was also kind enough to add “5 new Ally rebel archetypes.”
You can see some of the highlights from patch 1.8.0 below.
Regarding co-op for UGC maps:
- All maps will be playable in co-op and in single player.
- Map creators will be able to place two player spawn points. The first one will spawn P1, while the second one will spawn P2.
- If only one player spawn point is present in the map, both players will spawn at the same location.
- Quick play top rated co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
- Quick play random co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
- Custom co-op lobby. This is a private lobby only and it’s possible to create a playlist of 4 maps.
If you wish to go into further details, visit the link here for full patch notes.