The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Far Cry 4 Was The Most Selling Game in Japan This Week
Devil Survivor 2 was the best-selling game on a single-platform in Japan this week. However, if we were to rack up sales from both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions, Far Cry 4 was the most sold title in the region. Anything sold on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One just adds on that impressive figure as bonus.
Following in to that is Tales of Zestiria and Shin Uchi. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire managed to come in at seventh place, while Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate took ninth. Fans of Super Smash Bros. might be disappointed to see their favorite game slide down below the top 10 threshold, but nonetheless sold just over six thousand copies.
- (3DS) Devil Survivor 2: Break Record – 53,264
- (PS4) Far Cry 4 – 36,239
- (PS3) Tales of Zestiria – 29,487
- (3DS) Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi – 27,566
- (3DS) Yowamushi Pedal: Ashita he no High Cadence – 20,510
- (PS3) Far Cry 4 – 18,366
- (3DS) Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire – 14,108
- (WIU) Kirby and the Rainbow Curse – 12,867
- (3DS) Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 10,832
- (PS4) Bladestorm: Nightmare – 10,219
- (3DS) Super Smash Bros. – 8,878
- (PS3) Bladestorm: Nightmare – 7,621
- (3DS) The Legend of Legacy – 6,514
- (WIU) Super Smash Bros. – 6,398
- (PS3) Ukiyo no Shishi – 6,184
- (3DS) Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+ – 5,851
- (3DS) Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke – 5,425
- (PSV) Kurochou no Psychedelica – 5,318
- (WIU) Mario Kart 8 – 5,103
- (3DS) Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 4,910
In terms of hardware sales, the 3DS as always took an impressive lead by selling more than twice of the PlayStation 4 – which took second spot. The PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 are still alive. The Xbox One though is still trying to gain popularity in the region, managing to sell only 222 units this week.
- 3DS – 36,408
- PS4 – 17,392
- PSV – 12,392
- PS3 – 7,211
- WIU – 6,807
- XBO – 222