The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Playstation 4 Has Sold Over 900,000 Units in Japan, Thanks to Dragon Quest Heroes
Sony Playstation 4 has sold 68,000 units in Japan last week, thanks to the Dragon Quest Heroes Metal Slime Limited Edition PS4 Bundle and Grand Theft Auto V releases.
The console’s success is being attributed to Dragon Quest Heroes Metal Slime Limited Edition – the game itself is not out until February 2015. The owners will receive a digital download code for the game which they will be able to use upon launch. Additionally, the release of GTA V provided a helping hand with over 80,000 sold copies.
However, Nintendo 3DS remains on top with 83,000 sold units with Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi selling over 1.24 million and Pokemon: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire selling over 152,000 sold copies.
Here is a quick rundown of how each system sold from Dec. 8 to Dec. 14, courtesy of Media Create:
- New Nintendo 3DS LL – 77,889
- PS4 – 64,017
- New Nintendo 3DS – 32,028
- Nintendo 3DS – 30,186
- Wii U – 29,411
- Nintendo 3DS LL – 23,341
- PS Vita – 22,064
- PS3 – 7,011
- PS VitaTV – 1,043
- Xbox One – 916
- PSP – 82
As for the top 10 games sold in this week, they are provided below:
- Yokai Watch 2: Shinuchi (3DS) – 1,244,171
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (3DS) – 152,384
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) – 81,659
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) – 79,005
- Shining Resonance (PS3) – 67,282
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) – 47,393
- Yokai Watch 2: Ganso/Honke (3DS) – 32,168
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) – 29,418
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) – 24,938
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue (PS3) – 17,656
With the total sales of PS4 now sitting at 906,566 sold units and a fortnight to go until the new year, it seems like Sony might be able pull off 1 million sold units by the end of 2014.