The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Update Fixes MatchMaking, Ranking Exploits
Fall 2014 is the season of broken games and Halo: The Master Chief Collection was one of the victims. Since the release, this awesome collection proved to be not-so-awesome.
The game suffered from a number of issues but the most problematic aspect, was its matchmaking system. Players experienced low matchmaking success rate in addition to extended matchmaking times.
343 has been pretty active, and the developers have been trying to fix this issue with regular updates. Finally, an update has been released for Halo: The Masterchief Collection to address matchmaking problems.
With this update, we will see better matchmaking times and a high success rate. Furthermore, the matchmaking process will show its status, so players won’t keep wondering if its connecting or not.
After you install this update, the improved matchmaking flow will be as follows:
- Searching for more players
- Players found
- Finalizing matchmaking process
- Connecting session
There are additional changes which can be read in detail at HaloWaypoint. The highlights are:
- Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report
- Prevented the ability for players “kick” other players from matchmaking games
- Made an update to ensure that the Roster correctly displays the “searching” UI rather than “My Game Session” while searching for players
- Removed the possibility to boost ranking through a custom games exploit
- Made an update to ensure that players cannot get stuck in the matchmaking screen during map voting
Hopefully, the game will now run as it was suppose to on day-one and players won’t have to deal with these issues going forward.