In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
PS3 4.66 Firmware Update Brings System Software Stability
The updates for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita released last month, and now Sony has started to roll out the firmware update 4.66 for PS3 as well.
It is a mandatory update, and you will need to download this in order to connect to PSN. However, you will not have to worry, as this update is only 44 MB in size. Even with slow Internet, it will not take too long.
Sony didn’t make any official announcements about this update, and it doesn’t look like that they needed to, because it only brings some stability changes to the platform.
@UltimatePS3fr System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
— Chris Owen (@Envisager_) November 19, 2014
You can download this update to your computer by using this link, and to update your PS3, simply follow these instructions:
- Download the file given in the above link.
- Create a new folder on the root of any USB drive, and rename that folder to PS3.
- Inside the PS3 folder, you will need to create yet another folder and rename it to Update.
- Rename the downloaded file in step 1 to PS3Updat.pup and copy it to the update folder created in step 3.
- Finally, plug your USB into PS3, go to settings > system update, and select the option of Update via Storage Media.
Are you experiencing any changes after the update? Let us know in the comments below!