Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
Xbox One Custom Backgrounds Now Available
The latest system update for Xbox One has begun reaching its user-base and finally brings the ability to change the background of your console’s home screen.
Players will have the added option of setting achievement images as backgrounds. However, they probably would be most interested in utilizing their own custom imagery imported through a USB device.
A new post on Major Nelson’s blog details how players can set their own images as backgrounds.
- Connect a USB to console / Connect a source through DLNA
- Launch Media Player (either directly or through Settings>My Xbox > My background > Custom image)
- Navigate to source of your choosing (USB/DLNA)
- Navigate to folder/file of your choosing
- Select the jpg/png image – see it full screen.
- Once you are viewing the image full screen, hit the menu button.
- Select “Set as background”
- You will be sent back to the full screen view of the image. Hit nexus, see the image on Home
For those interested in playing around in Photoshop, the Xbox Design Team has released a handy Photoshop template that helps you see what parts of your image will be blocked by the tiles.