Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
Wasteland 2’s Patch 3 Brings Steam Achievements, Colorblind Mode, Veteran Characters
Wasteland 2 has received its third patch since release and which adds a lot of important improvements to the post-apocalyptic role-playing game.
inXile Entertainment has finally brought in Steam Achievements, which has been a frequent request from players since the game’s release. In addition to that there are numerous fixes that bring overall stability. A colorblind mode has been added. Players can now also replay the game with a veteran party who’ve already completed the title once.
You can find the complete patch notes here, while what follows are the major ‘highlights’ of the patch.
- Added Steam Achievements! Collect them all, if you dare. These are currently only in for Windows. Steam Achievements should be backwards compatible for many (but not all) save files, so players will receive achievements automatically by loading up their save files.
- Added and improved epilogue text to fix bugs and add more details that were previously missing.
- Added colorblind mode! Activate it in the Display Options menu. This mode changes certain HUD element colors, primarily in combat, to be easier to discern for people with colorblindness.
- Added a new brightness/saturation calibration screen to get the game looking as good as it should on a display near you.
- Characters are now automatically exported at the end of the game. Veteran characters will now be noted as such in character creation.
- Further improvements to Text Size setting so it now affects much more text across the interface. This will help out players who are visually impaired, or who play on high-DPI displays, or TVs.
- Added an option to show/hide selection circles on the party, for those who would prefer them off.
- Continued cleanup of bugs and issues, especially in California.