The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Civilization: Beyond Earth Makes It Easier To Find Soundtrack Files
There’s a soundtrack buried somewhere in Civilization: Beyond Earth that comes free with a purchase of the game, but some have found it hard to locate. To remedy this, the game on Steam now comes with a special workaround that will get you easier access to your deserved tunes.
We’ll detail how to get the Civilization: Beyond Earth soundtrack in a few steps below, courtesy of a recent Steam post:
- Open Steam, go your library and right-click on Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, then select Properties.
- Now select the Betas tab in the new window.
- Type in the password “soundtrackplease” (without quotes) into the access code field and click Check Code.
- Select the “soundtrack” beta from the pull-down.
- Open up your Beyond Earth directory (default location is [disk drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier’s Civilization Beyond Earth\) and feel free to copy the .mp3 files to anywhere else on your drive.
Should you have some issues with that last step, you can also find Local Files in the Properties tab and then open them with the Browse Local Files option.
Once there, you should find the Civilization: Beyond Earth soundtrack in all its glory. There are 42 tracks in total, all in standard .mp3 format, which should be good for a solid hour of music.
You’re encouraged to copy the files to store them elsewhere.
Civilization: Beyond Earth serves as a long-awaited spiritual successor to the once heralded Alpha Centauri iteration in the franchise. These games go away from an Earth-like environment and instead handle a science fiction theme.
Currently, the game enjoys a Metacritic rating of 81, which isn’t as much as the previous release. Civilization V managed to climb to a ranking of 90.