Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
The Evil Within Gets A New Patch On PC, Adds 60 Fps Cap Option
PC gamers don’t like to be held back by developers, and a lot of fans questioned Bethesda’s decision to cap The Evil Within on 30Fps.
However, Bethesda has released a new patch for the PC version of The Evil Within to unlock the FPS. If you like to play the game at 60FPS, you can do that now.
During my playthrough of The Evil Within, something which always annoyed me was those black bars. Thankfully, with the release of this patch, those annoying black bars can be removed.
Moreover, by accessing the game’s console commands, PC gamers can go well beyond 60 frames per second. These were the two major highlights from the patch notes, but if you want to see the rest of them. I am posting the list below:
- Frame lock settings added – In settings, you can now toggle between a 30 FPS and 60 FPS cap
- Letterbox setting – UI toggle to disable the letterbox bars
- Fixes gameplay issues when running at >30 FPS
- Fixes for visual issues associated with removing letterbox framing
- Achievements now work when console is enabled
- Fix for game starting in windowed mode on first run
- Minor localization fixes
The Evil Within is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.