Satoru Iwata Recovers From Surgery, Resumes Regular Work

By   /   Oct 29, 2014

Nintendo’s Chief Executive Satoru Iwata has now recovered enough from his surgery and is able to continue his regular work at the company.

Iwata was diagnosed with a tumor in his bile duct during a routine check up after which he took a leave of absence over the summer in order to recover from his surgery.

Nintendo boss appeared in front of the press for the first time since his surgery in order to present Nintendo’s quarterly earnings.

During this, he stated that he has lost some weight but is feeling healthier.

Earlier this year, Iwata missed E3 and Nintendo’s annual shareholders meeting due to his concerns over his health.

In an open letter to the shareholders, Iwata stated that he underwent a surgery to remove a growth in is bile duct.

“In general, it is said that a bile duct growth can be difficult-to-treat, partly because of the difficulty of detecting it early. In my case, luckily, it was detected very early and I had no symptoms. I was counseled that removal at an early stage would be the desirable medical option.”

Satoru Iwata has previously said that he wants to “redefine” Nintendo and now that he is back to health, we hope he will continue his efforts towards the vision he has for the company.