Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
Golden Joystick Awards 2014 Winners Announced
The 32nd annual Golden Joystick Awards were held today in London and saw to four games receiving two awards each. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Assassin’s Creed 4, DayZ, and The Last of Us went home winning from two categories, while Metal Gear Solid won the Lifetime Achievement Award.
As for the ‘Game of the year’ award, that honor was bestowed on to Dark Souls 2 where it beat Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Battlefield 4 and Mario Kart 8. With the launch issues of Battlefield 4 and optimization problems of Watch Dogs, it really narrowed it down to just Dark Souls 2 and Mario Kart 8.
I know that many would had wanted Titanfall to win in the category, but I feel against Dark Souls 2 that was a mighty task. You can go through all the winners from their respective categories below:
- Best Original Game: DayZ
- Best Online Game: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Best Storytelling: The Last of Us: Left Behind
- Best Visual Design: Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
- Best Audio: Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
- Playfire Most Played Game of the Year: Rust
- Best Multiplayer: Battlefield 4
- Best Indie Game: DayZ
- Innovation of the Year: Oculus Rift DK2
- Best Gaming Moment: The Last of Us: Left Behind – “The kiss”
- Best Handheld Game: Pokemon X & Y
- Best Mobile Game: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Most Wanted: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Gaming Personality of the Year : PewDiePie
- Studio of the Year: Ubisoft Montreal
- Gaming Platform of the Year: Steam
- Lifetime Achievement: Hideo Kojima
- Game of the Year: Dark Souls 2
Do you disagree with any of the winners? If so, then let us know below in the comments’ section.