In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Civilization: Beyond Earth is Available on Steam for Pre-Loading
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is now available for pre-loading via Steam for all who have purchased an early copy.
The game is scheduled for release globally on October 24 and pre-loading the game now will ensure that you’re all set to start work on your new city on launch day.
The pre-ordering incentive for the game includes the Exoplanets Map Pack for free. It features six custom maps inspired by real-world exoplanets.
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to the solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces.
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
In addition to the news of pre-loading the game, it has also come to our attention that the release dates for the Linux and Mac edition have been revealed.
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will arrive on the said platforms this holiday season. That’s good to know because Civilization fans now know how to spend their holidays this year.
The Linux and Mac versions will be released via Aspyr Media on Steam and through Apple’s Mac App Store. You can pre-order a Steam code for the for Mac and Linux through Aspyr’s online store.