Jade Raymond Parts Ways With Ubisoft

By   /   Oct 20, 2014

Known for her core work on the Assassin’s Creed series, Jade Raymond has decided to part ways with Ubisoft after having worked with the studio for over a decade.

She was brought in as a producer for the first Assassin’s Creed title and later down the line was also behind Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Raymond was also responsible for starting up Ubisoft Toronto and to date remains one of the key female figures in the video games industry.

“I’ve spent 10 extraordinary years at Ubisoft, and I am proud to have been part of many of the best teams in the industry making truly remarkable games,” said Raymond in a statement about her departure.

According to a press release from Ubisoft, she will be replaced by Alexandre Parizeau as managing director of the Toronto studio. He has had over fifteen years experience in the industry and has previously worked as the senior producer on Splinter Cell: Blacklist and producer on Splinter Cell: Conviction and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

“On behalf of Ubisoft, I’d like to thank Jade for her leadership and many contributions over the years, and wish her all the best in her next adventures,” said Ubisoft Montreal and Toronto CEO Yannis Mallat.

“The Toronto studio is a key part of the Ubisoft global network, and Alex has been at the heart of the studio’s growth over the years. He was the obvious choice to lead this talented group of people as they continue to develop amazing games.”

Raymond mentioned that she’s interested in pursuing other goals but has not mentioned what projects we can expect from her in the future.

Featured Videos