Destiny Bug Reveals Upcoming Content; Bungie Warns That Final Release May Not Include All of That
A bug has allowed Destiny players to take a peak at some of the content that is being developed for upcoming DLCs and what is currently not in the game.
In the video above you can see how the bug reveals several new locked areas, some of which have already been announced as upcoming DLC, while others remain a mystery.
Reddit user KilledbyDice has compiled a comprehensive list of everything the bug has revealed so far.
- Strike [Level 10] – The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers it’s strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
- Story Mission [Level 18] – The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
- Story Mission [Level 18] – The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota’s reign.
- Story Mission [Level 20] – Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrone.
- Strike [Level 14] – The House of Wolves: No description
- Strike [Level 26] – The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth (part of an exotic bounty not new expansion content. Thanks to /u/The7ruth)
- RAID [Level 28] – Crota’s End: He waits in the dark below
- Story Mission [Level 20] – The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.
- Story Mission [Level 20] – Wolves’ Harvest: Track down the Queen’s traitorous Wolves and recover what they’ve stolen from the Awoken.
- Story Mission [Level 22] – The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves’ Kell
- Strike [Level 20] – The Hypogeum: The ressurection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden’s heart beats again.
- RAID [Level 28] – Reef Raid: No Description
- Skirmish [Special Event?] – Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come.
A string of victories will earn you great rewards – but lose three times and you’re out.
- 3v3 Team Deathmatch
- Level Advantages Enabled
- Weekly Rewards
- Trial Set Gear
- Ascendant Materials
- Crucible Marks
Once the video got released, Bungie officials jumped in on the forums, saying that work continues on the first “The Dark Below” expansion. However, they warned that the expansion may not necessarily include whatever content the bug has unveiled.
“We noticed that you noticed that we already have plans for upcoming content packs in Destiny. We do! They have activity names (which may or may not change) and we have a really good idea what they’re going to contain. They even have placeholder nodes in the Director, as you’ve already discovered.
Neither of the Expansion Packs we’ve announced are finished.” The Dark Below is scheduled for release in the next few months.