In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Bloodborne Alpha and Multiplayer Details Leaked
A Reddit post seemingly has the details on the upcoming closed-alpha testing of Bloodborne.
The testing is scheduled to take place just before the game’s official launch. As of yet it’s unknown as to what content will be offered and what features testers will be able to access. This new post on Reddit though might give us the information we require.
The leak comes from the same source that previously leaked the original “Project Beast” which ended up being true at E3 2013. Hence, it’s safe to say that the following information is accurate.
- Players will have choice to make early on in the game, their decision will effect multiplayer –
- Decision to infect blood with to different strain of the sickness. There are rewards for choices but also downsides.
- Miyazaki-san wants players to feel the fear of having a disease that could consume them, and take their life. This is a ‘hardcore’ mode for NG like a ‘permadeath’. Players must to collect blood for their Heart. If they loose Heart strength for too long, the sickness consumes them.
- Players must collect Blood Vials and Blood Packs to transfuse their heart health at their Shrine.
- The sickness transforms dead hunters into their worst fear.
- In NG, you may become a boss later in the game if you collect enough blood to strengthen you heart
- You can summon friends via PS4 friendslist
- You can no longer use consumable item for healing if you summon friend for boss battle.
- In some covenant, the sickness is very strong and player can choose to ‘consume’ his own heart. This is a permanent choice and binds a character to the covenant permanently. You become beast, and new controls and attacks open up. Dead hunters will bind to the world when they die, their bodies becoming a regular ‘mini beast’ boss enemy within the world like Red Phantom from dark souls.
- Covenant system is not finalized, but some detail I remember. There will be ‘huge beasts’ in the game. If you defeat them you have a choice to become a host for their strain of the sickness at your Shrine. You must invade other player worlds to collect blood for your beast.
- In NG, The Beast heart will gets stronger from blood and other players will have to fight much harder to kill it. One beast is a giant spider, another is a giant snake.
- ALPHA will be a co-op boss battle, and some simple PVP invasion covenant testing.
Bloodborne is scheduled for release on the PS4 in February, 2015. The game’s alpha testing for Japan begins on October 1. We’ll know later this week if the source to this leak was authentic or not.