Star Wars Commander Crosses 5 Million Downloads

By   /   Sep 12, 2014

It looks like mimicking business models really pays off, if you don’t care about negative comments about your insidious ways. In case of Star Wars Commander, the free-to-play title from Disney Interactive already managed to shoot past 5 million downloads and that in mere weeks.

Star Wars Commander was released on August 21, 2014 on mobile devices. It’s a base-building strategy title with a very strong semblance of Clash of Clans, one of the most popular mobile titles currently on the market.

Really all that’s different is that it bears the Star Wars skin that Disney now owns, since taking over Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in October 2012. At least, the impressive milestone comes with a rather interesting infographic for the game that details playing habits worldwide.

Its most notable feature is that evil reigns in Star Wars Commander. Vader’s Empire employs the majority share of the world, 52.41%, while the Rebel Alliance needs to perform an uphill battle with the remaining 47.59%.

If you want even more telling factoids, the spread of Rebel versus Empire seems almost unilaterally divided. The northern hemisphere is usually in the role of the bad guys that predominantly play Empire, while Africa and Southern America prefer to embody the Rebel freedom fighters.

Aside from base building, Star Wars Commander also features troops training and allows you to take your armies over to other players for competitive battles. There’s also a solo campaign for those who aren’t into the social aspect.

Star Wars Commander be damned though. We’re still pissed that Disney shuttered LucasArts and cancelled Star Wars 1313.

star wars commander infographic

Featured Videos

Hot Right Now


The AMD Ryzen CPU Hits The Right Marks, Just Needs Right Price

The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...

by   /   Dec 15, 2016
Death Stranding leak

New Death Stranding Leak Revealed The Name Of Norman Reedus’ Character

Hideo Kojima rocked the internet with the reveal of Death Stranding trailer at The Game Awards...

by   /   Dec 15, 2016
Video Game Remasters

Untold Stories of Video Game Remasters – the Good, Bad, and Ugly

In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...

by   /   Sep 9, 2016
Video Game Villains

Top 10 Invincible Video Game Villains Who Just Won’t Die, No Matter What

We all are accustomed with video game villains and the story usually concludes with the fall of...

by   /   Aug 18, 2016
Panasonic 3DO

Top-10 Retro Consoles You Never Knew Existed

Video gaming has come a long way! While we are well-acquainted with the likes of Xbox Scorpio and...

by   /   Aug 17, 2016
Load More