In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
NHL 15 Missing Out On Number Of Features That Were Present In Previous Entries
EA Access subscribers have got their hands-on NHL 15, and they are reporting that Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game are skipping a lot of features this time around that were present in previous entries.
Operation Sports has gathered the list of missing features, and as you can see from the list below, a lot of the fan favorite features have not made it into the game.
- No GM Connected
- No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
- No EA Sports Hockey League
- No EA Sports Arena
- No Online Shootouts
- No Live the Life
- No Be A Legend
- No Winter Classic
- No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
- No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
- No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
- No custom music support
- No create-a-play designer
- Cannot customize each team’s AI
- No create-a-team
- No way to edit individual players
- Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Now, these features were all present in the last year’s NHL 14 and to think that developers will change the game that much in one year is really shocking.
The bad news is that it is not even the full list; in addition to the aforementioned features, number of other gameplay components that were present in the last year’s title will not be present in NHL 15.
Are you playing NHL 15 right now? what changes have you experienced in the game?