The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
The Sims 4 Guide – How to Meet Your Sims’ Needs
In The Sims 4, the importance of fulfilling the basic needs of your Sims cannot be neglected! There are a total six basic needs of Sims that can be accessed by clicking in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Here are the basic needs of your Sims:
All of these needs are represented by coloured bars ranging from green to red. The ideal situation is to always keep these bars on green.
If by any way, these bars start to turn red; your Sims will not perform the daily activities properly. Therefore, it is exceedingly important to pay close attention to them. If these bars turn to red, the following results will occur:
- Bladder: Urinating in clothes and consequently lowering hygiene
- Fun: Lower fun will eventually lead to depression
- Hunger: Your Sims will eventually die of hunger
- Social: Lower social life also leads to depression
- Energy: Your Sims will eventually faint
- Hygiene: Other Sims will start avoiding your Sims
The question that now arises is how you look after your Sims and keep the needs’ bars green? Well, this is in fact quite simple and easy process. Here’s how:
- Bladder: Click on toilet/restroom and use it
- Fun: Read a book, watch TV, or play a video game
- Hunger: Simply give your Sims something to eat
- Social: Talk to other Sims either face-to-face or on mobile/computer
- Energy: Let your Sims rest for a while
- Hygiene: Make your Sims take shower, wash hands/face, or brush teeth
Another important thing to keep in mind is that when any of the six needs starts to turn red, click on that need and your Sims will automatically start doing any task to meet that need.
You will notice after a long day of exploration, few of the six basic needs will start affecting your Sim’s mood.
For example, your Sims in a happy mood while exploring outsides will suddenly start feeling hungry which will change her happy mood. At this time, you must give your Sim something to eat to regain the happy mood.
Another way of keeping an eye on your Sims’ needs is by looking at the green crystal on top of your Sims’ heads. If this crystal is green, all its needs are being meant, but if it starts changing colour, there is something wrong.
Also note that you are able to meet your Sims’ basic needs along with levelling up different skills at the same time.
For example, if you decide to watch a cooking show on TV, it will not only meet one basic need, but also level your Sims’ cooking skills. In addition to this, a Sim can eat and watch TV at the same time which will not only meet two of the basic needs, but also upgrade some skills.
That’s pretty much all we have on The Sims 4 Basic Needs Guide. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below and I’ll get back to you!