Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
Origin Allows Pre-Loading of The Sims 4
The Sims 4 is now available for owners to pre-load on the PC, Electronic Arts has announced.
Anyone who has or decides to pre-order the game through Origin can take advantage of the feature. Pre-loading the game will allow owners to download the game and have it ready for launch day when the game will finally unlock and be available to play. This way you can jump right in and start controlling your Sims off the bat.
To do so, open your Origin and head to your Game Library. The Sims 4 should be showing a download button if the pre-load is available in your region.
Note that the game will only unlock once it officially releases in your specific region. In the case of North America, it will be available to play at 09:00 p.m PDT on September 1, a couple of days later in Europe, Australia and Japan, and finally a day later in the rest of UK, India, South Africa and New Zealand.
You’ll require the following minimum system requirements to run the game.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Maxis has already announced that those who already own The Sims 3 and its expansion, will get a variety of special in-game rewards in The Sims 4.