Civilization: Beyond Earth – PAX Trailer Shows Fully Matured Colony
A new trailer was released over the weekend for Civilization: Beyond Earth, courtesy of Firaxis’ PAX Prime panel.
The trailer contains over six minutes of gameplay and shows the capabilities of a fully functional colony once it has fully matured in about 100 years of the game’s timeline.
It then goes on to show the Purity Affinity, who seek to control the environment through terraforming in order to meet their needs. Not all factions are like this though and then there are others who believe that humans must advance to adapt to alien environments through either cybernetics, gene modification or other transfusions.
The trailer also shows off a bit of combat, diplomacy and other elements.
Interested players can now pre-order the game and attain the Exoplanets map pack which features six different planets using specialized scripts that randomly generate different geographic layouts with every game.
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to the solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is currently slated for release on October 24 for the PC.