The Sims 4: Minimum PC Requirements Revealed
The minimum PC system requirements for The Sims 4 have been spotted in the official FAQ of the game on its website.
The Sims 4 might be the prettiest and most complicated installment in the series, EA though still are making sure that the game is easily run on the average PC system. The minimum specifications aren’t too demanding. In fact I’m certain that a high majority of players will be able to play the game on much better settings, even if they are not maximum.
Here are the minimum requirements:
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
EA has not mentioned the recommended system requirements but games such as The Sims usually demand a high amount of memory to run. I’d say that to be able to play the game at high settings, at least 4 GB of RAM would be needed.
The Sims 4 is scheduled for release on the PC on September 2.