In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Killer Instinct Season 2 is Getting Maya, Queen of Amazonia
Killer Instinct Season 2 developer Iron Galaxy announced a new playable fighter for the forthcoming season during the first day of EVO Championship 2K14.
Queen of the land of Amazonia, Maya from Killer Instinct 2 is making a return to the franchise after 16 years. It’s good to see, however, that she will retain her appearance: a tanned woman with blonde hair and fancy little suits.
Maya has also been confirmed to have a fighting arena of her own, dubbed as ‘City of Dawn.’ From the looks of it, it looks like a forest setting with waterfalls, etc.
The developer has also announced that Killer Instinct Season 2 will feature a plethora of new features and game balances.
Courtesy of EventsHub, we have some shots of Maya, her stage, and an overview of newly surfaced information:
- Season Two will introduce Air Counter Breakers, available to all characters
- Season Two will introduce ‘Stage Ultras’
- Season Two will be ‘bigger and badder’ with more features and modes, including new ladder systems
- Season Two will introduce more new content than Season One
- Season Two will feature improved classic costumes in order to match original outfits more precisely
- Season Two will add significantly to Killer Instinct’s story
- Maya’s stage is set in South America
- Maya’s use of daggers changed the combat system
- Rank limit will exceed 40
- There will be no violent ‘Fatalities’
- Returning characters will undergo changes
- Fulgore tweaks will make him more accessible
Maya is the second confirmed character that has been announced for Killer Instinct Season 2 along with T.J. Combo who was revealed earlier during E3 2014.
It is reported that the Season 2 will feature 8 New Characters like Cinder, T.J. Combo, Riptor, and Tusk.
Which of these characters are you hoping to make an entry to the roster?
Killer Instinct Season 2 launches later this year exclusively for Xbox One.