In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Watch Dogs Starts Off Strong in Japan With Over 94K Copies Sold
Watch Dogs got released in Japan a week ago, and not to anyone’s surprise the game is doing exceptionally well with over 94000 copies sold already.
This figure is according to Media Create Sales charts, which reports that Watch Dogs in first week of its release sold 94,623 copies with 63,595 of them sold on Sony’s PlayStation 4.
Check out the top 10 list given below:
Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
- [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 188,888 (New)
- [PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 63,595 (New)
- [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War II (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 62,649 (New)
- [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Don and Katsu’s Space-Time Great Adventure (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 53,095 (New)
- [PSV] Girls und Panzer: Master the Tankery (Bandai Namco, 06/26/14) – 31,526 (New)
- [PS3] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, 06/26/14) – 31,028 (New)
- [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 29,590 (1,147,202)
- [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 23,520 (492,837)
- [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo, 06/19/14) – 15,373 (46,454)
- [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2014: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami, 05/22/14) – 13,026 (136,893)
Western launch of Watch Dogs was also a success with reports in early June suggesting that the game has sold over 4 Million units in just few days of its release.
Ubisoft expected the game to sell 6 million units and with these kinds of figures, it seems that Watch Dogs will easily be able to cross that mark in the upcoming months.
Watch Dogs is out now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.