Battlefield: Hardline Gets Community’s Most Wanted List
EA’s jump into the cesspool also known as Battlefield 4 has left an everlasting smell on their wardrobe. Unless they want to pay a lifetime fee of dry cleaning, the company needs to absolutely stay away from any more similar releases.
This year with the release of Battlefield: Hardline, the company plans to listen more to fan feedback and utilize the opportunity to release a fully functional and balanced game. The game’s beta concluded last week and following that Visceral has set up a Community’s Most Wanted list where the developer has listed down all the changes requested by the beta participants.
In a post on the official Battlefield blog, lead multiplayer designer Thad Sasser said that they will use this list to “outline some of the fixes and improvements we are making to Battlefield Hardline based on feedback we received during the beta and what we’re hearing from you.” This will be updated until the release of the game this fall.
The list currently holds 10 items:
- Movement: There was a lot of feedback about slow movement speed and feeling “sluggish.” We’ve increased player speed by 10%, and players will get a +10% bonus for running with your pistol out. It feels much faster now!
- Suppression: There were a lot of negative comments about the camera “bounce” when suppressed. We’ve changed the way suppression works–your aimpoint is no longer affected, but your situational awareness is.
- Survivalist: We’ve heard both sides of the argument on the Survivalist gadget, it is pretty polarizing. Some of you hate it, some of you love it–either way, we agree it was overpowered. We’ve changed it to revive you at 1 health and auto-inject after 5 seconds.
- High Tension – Crane Camera Shake: A number of people called out the camera shake from this event as being too over the top. We’re tuning this down.
- High Tension – Stairs in High Tension Bug: Stairs in High Tension should no longer pull players into the wall.
- Elevated Objectives: We’ve added some feedback to help you find the objective when it’s above or below you.
- Special Vehicles: We’re working on adding more special drivable vehicles like the Fuel Truck into all maps. We’re also working on a handbrake for cars.
- Stuck Vehicles: We’re working on the ability to “nudge” vehicles with a melee attack to help get them unstuck or to be able to move past them. No promises, but the early prototype looks promising!
- Heavy Vehicle Damage: We’ve added “weak spots” in the rear of the heavily armored vehicles, making it much easier to bring them down!
- Vehicle Occupant List: We’re working on adding the Bag Carrier icon to the list of teammates inside your vehicle, so that you can tell when the bag carrier gets in your vehicle.