Battlefield: Hardline Game Files Reveal New Weapons, Gadgets, Maps, and Modes
Battlefield: Hardline is currently in its public beta stage where selected few are rampaging through as either cops or robbers. While many have expressed sheer delight on playing the game, many have also agreed that it’s a bit disappointing to see such a low amount of equipment and weapons available.
That’s hardly surprising though since, the demo’s purpose is only to give a little taste of things to come.
YouTube user Hattiwatti though would had none of it and went digging in the game’s files for information. It wasn’t long before he discovered details on new weapons that for now are not available in the game’s beta:
- M93R – Hand Gun
- M1911 – Hand Gun
- RS357 – Magnum
- MAC-10 – Personal Defense Weapon
- M240B – Light Machine-Gun
- SR-25 ECC – Designated Marksmen Rifle
- L96A1 – Bolt-Action Rifle
- SMAW – Launcher
- M18 – Smoke Grenade
In addition to his findings, Reddit user SkacikPC was able to get more details off the game’s audio files regarding new game modes, map names and gadgets.
- “Desert 05 – Hostage rescue (no offical map name so far) – Hostage rescue against gang running a methamphetamine lab. Full transcript available here“
- “Turf war on High Tension – most likely domination cameo as in recent interviews, Visceral employee said that as of now Conquest is not included in Hardline. Transcript of only audio file is available in above link.”
- “Hostage sound files (mainly variations of words ‘hey/over here/help me/’ with one exception of ‘Hey man cut me loose’)”
- “Molotovs/incendiary – Sound files indicate the existence of incendiary bombs, whilst ingame weapon name states Molotov. Most likely will stay as incendiary as currently it uses BF4 incendiary grenade particle effects.”
- “Map called ‘growhouse’ will have a levolution event with blowing up Van”
- “There is a singleplayer level nicknamed ‘Chop Shop’, which most likely is a warehouse raided by a player (it will end up in flames).”
- “Sound files containing impact sounds of empty .45 shell on various surfaces (nicknamed Distraction bullet). May indicate that SP has stealth mechanics.”
- “If you’re interested, here’s a small package with mentioned audio files”
Battlefield: Hardline is under the care of Visceral Games this time, with DICE left to continue dealing with the issues of Battlefield 4. An open beta has been confirmed for this Fall.