Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
Diablo 3: Latest Patch Removes Legendary Crafting Materials
Earlier today the Diablo 3 servers were taken down in preparation of patch 2.0.6, an update that also brings various tweaks to kills and items. Surprisingly though, the patch also removes the legendary crafting materials.
In the official patch notes publisher later on, Blizzard had this to say regarding the removal of the crafting materials:
Legendary crafting recipes have received several changes:
Legendary crafted items are meant to be both a stepping stone into end game items and a good place to spend crafting materials at the end game. While we like the fantasy of having the unique crafting materials, obtaining them was either keeping too many people from being able to complete the recipes in a timely manner or encouraging game flipping and similar less than ideal patterns of play in order to acquire them. As such, we are removing the requirement for unique items when crafting Legendaries.
- Unique crafting materials are no longer required
- Legendary crafting materials will no longer drop
- Existing Legendary crafting materials will now be grey and have had their sell prices increased.
- Level 70 crafted sets and Legendary items with unique properties now require additional Death’s Breath
- Level 70 crafted Legendary items without unique properties have had their Death’s Breath costs removed
- Death’s Breath is no longer required for most Artisan training costs
- The Mystic no longer requires any Death’s Breath to train
- The Blacksmith and the Jeweler now only require 1 each to learn the first rank of level 11
If anything, patch 2.0.6 brings a major change to the game, making it even more friendly to new players. Veterans who have so far become accustomed to grinding for materials will not at all be happy with the new patch.
You can read the full update notes here.