In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Releases on February 24, Collector’s Edition and Pre-Order Details Revealed
CD Project RED’s summer conference has left us with a release date, as well as details on the collector’s edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Having originally been pegged with a release date of late 2014, The Witcher 3 was pushed back to 2015. We now know that the game will officially release on February 24, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
The game will be available digitally, and in two physical forms – the Standard and Collector’s Edition.
The Standard edition comes with the following:
- A Blu-ray Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
- An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
- The official, developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
- A detailed map of the in-game world
- A set of unique stickers
- A protective sleeve
The Collector’s edition on the other hand features the following:
- All the contents from the standard edition of the game
- A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
- A collector-grade Witcher medallion
- A one-of-a-kind SteelBook box
- A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
- Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in
GoG.com is offering a great incentive for pre-ordering the game right now. Purchasing the Standard edition from their website will save you 10 percent. However if you own the previous two Witcher titles through GoG, you can attain a further 15-20 percent discount. If you own it through Steam, you can just enter the game key on GoG to get the same rewards.
Once your purchase is authenticated, you’ll receive two keys for Witcher Adventure Game multiplayer closed beta, allowing you to try out the PC and Mac version before anyone else.
Pre-ordering will also net you Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition which you can play as soon as you pre-order The Witcher 3 through GoG. The NWN offer includes the original game plus all three expansions.
The Witcher: House of Glass digital comic book will also be given away to you for free, as will the Extended soundtrack which comes with four additional, exclusive tracks equating to 11 extra minutes of music performed by polish folk-metal band Percival Schuttenbach.
Finally your pre-order will also net you a digital version of the artbook included in the Collector’s Edition.
So tell me again why anyone in the right state of mind would not want to pre-order the game right now?