Warner Bros. is about to make an important announcement on March 8, 2017. There's no official...
The Forest: Latest Patch Features The Save Fix
First-person survival horror title The Forest saw to a pre-alpha release last week through Steam Early Access. Since then developer Endnight Games has been kept busy trying to jot down the various bugs and glitches and iron all of them out.
A patch released today includes fix for the save game feature, that the community had been requesting so much in the past days. According to the developer, while they were working on the fix, they found enough time to tackle a bunch of other issues in the game as well.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Saving at small shelter now works
- Fixed issue where camera would spin during plane crash if a controller was plugged in
- Fixed enemies sometimes disappearing after a few days
- Improved tree collision
- Fixed log cabin floating
- Fixed some leaves not connected to trunk
- Improved stuttering/performance
- Removed lights from blue cave creatures
- Fixed trees vanishing when exiting caves
- Fixed bug where cave sounds could be heard above ground
- Spelling mistake on shelter ‘warmth’ in book
- Improved collision in some cave areas
- Fixed missing cliff detail texture
- Ocean shouldn’t loose render texture on start
- Water visuals improved
- Fixed enemy head duplicating when picked up
- Fixed glitch where you could make infinite flare guns
- Fixed enemy head icon not centered, and showing an arm instead of a head
- Heads/arms and legs now go to inventory instead of being directly equipped
- Bird on hand does not appear as often
In The Forest, the player must survive on an island on which their character’s plane has crashed by creating shelter, weapons, and other survival tools. An official release date is still pending.