Mario Kart 8 Kart Customization, Characters, Menu and Race Options Revealed
A minute-long Japanese live broadcast has allowed Nintendo News to extract the customization screen, options menu and the character select screen of Mario Kart 8.
Since there is no official word on this, browse through the findings with a grain of salt.
Mario Kart 8 ‘Kart Customization Options
A showing of the game’s customization screen allowed for the names of Karts, Bikes, ATVs, Tires, and Gliders.
- Mario Kart 8 Karts – Standard Kart, Airship, Classical Cat, Bad Wagon, G-Force, Para-Bidybud, Pipe Frame, Princess Coach, Sneaker, Steel Diver, Superstar, Tri-Smash, Turbo One.
- Mario Kart 8 Bikes – Standard Bike, Broad Bean, Burning Bowl, Jet Rider, Mach GP, Maximum, Motor Dozer, Super Comet, Yoshi Bike.
- Mario Kart 8 ATVs – Standard ATV, Bean Rider, Wild Wiggler.
- Mario Kart 8 Tires – Standard Tires, Normal Blue, Ring Tires, Spicy Rings, Roller, Sky Rollers, Monster, Wild Hot, Sponge, Slick, Cyber Slick, Block Tires, Cream Blocks, Metal Tires, Wood Rings, Button Tires, Cushion Tires.
- Mario Kart 8 Gliders – Super Glider, Cloud Balloons, Flower Glider, Koopa Kite, MKTV Parafoil, Parachute, Para-glider, Peach Parasol, Sail Plane, Waddlewing Kite, Wario Glider.
Mario Kart 8 Options Menu Screen
The menu screen contains eight options. From top to bottom they are Teams, Items, Speed Class, CPU Difficulty, CPU Vehicles, Courses and Race Count.
Mario Kart 8 Character Selection Screen
The character selection screen contains the same 27 characters that were revealed earlier this month.
- 1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Metal Mario.
- 2nd Row: Yoshi, Toad, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Toadette.
- 3rd Row: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, ??, ??.
- 4th Row: Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Iggy Koopa, Roy Koopa
- 5th Row: Lemmy Koopa, Larry Koopa, Wendy O. Koopa, Ludwig von Koopa, Morton Koopa Jr., ??.
Mario Kart 8 is scheduled for release on the Wii U on May 29 in Japan, May 30 in both North America and Europe, and May 31 in Australia.